Flared up ulcerative colitis with bloody stools, on Mesacol. Knees, chest and shoulders becoming weak. Why ?

i am 51 yr old male with ulcerative colities since last 15 yrs. but just last week i had a flare-up with bloody stools of 20 - 25 per day. now the stools are 5 - 6 per day. i am on mesacol 400 mg, 2 x 3 times a day. i am fully vegetarian and very careful about my diet . but since last 10 days my knees and shouldersand chest have become so weak, that i can hardly stand or sit. dr has advised me calcirol 0000 IU one sachet per week X 6 weeks. kindly advise me on YYYY@YYYY AAAAAA
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013