Flare ups on sciatic nerve. Weakness in right arm. Take cortisone shots?

I have lots of pain in my right side. I was in some car accidents a few years ago and I have flare ups on my sicatic nerve right now my right leg the calf feels like I have a Charlie horse. My right arm is weak and I pop everytime I breathe in. I have been dealing with this for a few weeks trying to stretch it out been using a jacuzzi to help loosen the muscles but nothing seems to help. Could this be just a bad flare up? Possibly need a cortisone shot?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013