Flare on forehead, gets red and itchy. Given antibiotics. Will it be okay?

Hi, I have a spot on my forehead that flares up once every like six months. It s right above my left eye. It starts out being red and itchy and then it starts to get raised up and fill with puss. Over the course of a couple days it becomes a very large bump. I ve had this twice before and went to my doctor. He prescribed me an antibiotic and gave me muniprocin to put on it. I can t remember what the antibiotic was called. Once I start the antibiotic and muniprocin, the puss starts to come out and get crusted. It s yellowish in color. Eventually the spot scabs up and heals, but it takes a few weeks for it to completely heal. I want to know what is causing this and how it can be avoided. Originally my doctor told me it was a pimple that got infected, but that can t be the case since this is the third time it s happened in the exact same spot. I know for a fact I didn t have a pimple there and didn t pick anything. Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013