Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The disease Rheumatoid arthritis
is characterised by "remissions and exacerbations" of symptoms.
There are a few general guidelines to improve your muscle strenght & pain -
* Ice packing over the affected area, which should be applied for about 15 minutes once in 2 hours. This will alleviate your pain.
* judicious use of analgesics & muscle relaxants
* Once the acute pain subsides, Moist heat applications to relax the muscles
for the involved joints & muscles so as to improve strength
* Dietary supplementation - Take adequate potassium rich fruits like bananas, potatoes ,dried fruits etc. Avoid acidic foods & drinks like tomatoes and vinegar.
* Use aroma therapy oils as massage
over the affected muscles
Hope this information is helpful. Good day