Flare during periods, took prednisone. Muscle ability lost in biceps, muscle pain. How to improve strength?

Hi, my name is tom schlotter age 56 ,and I am being treated for rheumatoid arthritis . I take 20 mg. methotrexate weekly and inject 125 mg. orencia weekly. For the last 22 days i have been in a terrible flare period and was treated with 350 mg prednisone over a 17 day period. I am now worse off than when the flares started. i have lost all bicep muscle ability in each arm and suffer from muscle pain that make my eyes tear. I read a RA chat room conversation recently and believe i am prednisone poisoned or my body refuses to produce cortisol . What type of advice would your specialists give me to improve strength and reduce pain?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013