Flaps of skin attached to uvula seem to be torn due to severe cough, persisting throat dryness. Will it heal on its own?

One of the two flaps of skin normally attached to the uvula appears to be torn. The area was likely damaged during a bacterial/viral infection I had for 3-4 weeks with a terrible cough . My cough is finally subsiding, but my throat is still a bit sensitive/dry and attempting to talk for long periods (I teach) is still difficult. If part of my throat is torn, will it heal on its own with more time?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012