Flank pain, ultrasound showed hydronephrosis, CT scan shows renal pelvis. How can both ureters be blocked?

I had a CT ( no contrast) as a follow up to an ultrasound to help diagnose flank pain. The ultrasound noted possible bilateral hydronephrosis . I have no blood in my urine and urinalysis did not not show infection etc. The CT showed bilateral prominent renal pelvis but no kidney stones . Liver spleen etc are all normal.Currently, the back pain in the kidney area is worsening. I am going back for ANOTHER CT on Thursday, this time with contrast. Q:How on earth can both ureters be blocked/kinked ? I can understand one but both? Q: If not the ureters, what else could cause kidney pain ( aching more like) on both side with dilation of the renal pevlis ( bilateral) ?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012