Flank pain radiating to groin area. Test shows L5 pedicle fracture. What could be the problem and treatment required?

I had left flank pain radiating to left groin . I had kidney stones ruled out and after additional testing was found to have L5 pedicle fracture . I have not had any injuries. The test revealing the fracture was an MRI of the lumbar spine. I am now scheduled for a ct scan. If I did not have an injury what else could cause this problem and what treatment options are there. I am currently seeing my medical doctor, should I see specialist? Should I limit my activity? I have not been told much from my doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012