Flank pain followed by chest cold, severe cough, blue lump on flank. Ailment that could be causing this?

Hi I had a bad pain in my left flank 2 weeks ago. It was so bad I went for a CT scan to rule out kidney stones . It wasnt. Since I am already going for physical therapy for my neck they worked on my back and it felt better. Then last week I had a chest cold with a terrible cough . So today I went for physical therapy, still coughing my head off. THey did stim on my back. I just got home and felt a knotty lump in the middle of my left flank. I looked in the mirror and its blue. Do you have any idea what it is or if any of my ailments caused it. Thanks,
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013