Flaky vagina, red on the outside, occasionally itchy, burns on scratching. What is the cause and cure?

Hi my vagina is red on the outside and sometimes itchy and only when I am done scratching it does it then like burn a little with like heat almost. Now the redness is going away and not really itchy but it is now really dry with like a dry skin appearance ( like flacky). I have had this before and just tried to not wear underwear when I could and it went away now it is back like 1-2 months later. What is this? And what can I do about it? It s only the outer part of my vagina-the whole outline-top,sides and a little in back
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012