Flaky, peeling, crusty rash on finger with clear pustules. Creams, elocon ointment used. Recommendations?

I have a severe rash on my right ring finger. It has been there persistently for a few years now. Sometimes it is worse, and sometimes better, but it seems that currently no creams, however natural and sensitive are helping. I also used Elecon ointment for a time, which did relieve symptoms, but they returned as soon as i stopped using it, and the ointment no longer does anything. The rash is very flakey and peeley. It is often very dry, but sometimes a bit crusty, as though it weeps. sometimes it has tiny little clear postules all over it. It is very itchy and stings. It feel as though the skin is reacting to being on my finger and is stretching and breaking and trying to get off. It doesn't seem to worsen with any products, nothing seems to impact it. It is only on one finger and although it touches other fingers and many parts of my body often, it has never ever spread anywhere else. none of my other fingers have any sign of it at all. It is driving me crazy!!! What could it be? I have been to a dr and a dermatologist, but both gave me creams, none of which have worked.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013