Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
From your description, I understand that you have developed excoriation / peeling of the skin due to the irritant effects of the cleanser solution and the aggressive scrubbing. Many skin cleansers contain salycilic acid, and when these cleansers are used too much the acid can cause burning, irritation and sometimes even ulceration.
I would suggest the following remedial measures:
- Apply a local application like Calamine
lotion over the irritated and sensitive areas of the face - not over the raw ulcerated areas.
- Over the raw ulcerated areas, use a gentle anti-septic cream
- Keep rinsing your face frequently with cold
water. This will reduce the inflamation as well as give a soothing relief
- Avoid using any kind of soap or face wash for the next few days, since it can cause more irritation
- Avoid going out in the sun as this can also cause photosensitivity
, irritation and sometimes, sun burns.
Don't worry, the damaged skin will heal and rejuvenate soon. Also, since these are just superficial injuries, they are unlikely to leave back any permanent scarring. There may be a discolouration at the time of healing, but this will disappear soon.
In the furture, please be very careful while using chemical agents like cleansers, astringents, scrubs, etc. as you seem to be having a sensitive skin.
Wish you all the best.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen