Five year old had a nose bleeding and soreness on the nose after falling. Chances of broken nose?

My five year old son was playing with his grandma on the floor but when he was face down, she started to pick him up from the waist when he toppled forward and nose-butted the carpet floor. He cried in pain for fifteen minutes or so and there was a little blood . An hour later he said that the tip of his nose and his nostrils were very sore and painful. I lightly pressed his nose but it didn t cause pain. The tip of his nose did swell a little and I gave him some Nurofen for the pain. Should I take him to see a Dr - Drs won t open again for two more days. Is it possible he could have fractured or broken his nose?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013