Fitted copper IUD, have heavy and longer periods with severe pain, 2 periods in a cycle. Suggestion?

Hi, I had a copper IUD fitted almost 6 weeks ago, on the first day of my period. No other medical conditions, medicaiotn, no hornomal contraceptives used for many many years. Noprmal full health, active lifestyle. One child, normal delivery, now aged 11. I have had a copper coil before but not for many years, and I do understand it takes some time to settle. My first period was longer heavier and more painful, and I have had a gap of two weeks without bleeding before it started again. I am now on to day 10 of an extremely heavy, extremely painful period, and the flow seems to be getting heavier and cramping worse, not better. What do you suggest?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012