Fitness freak, get sudden bouts of dizziness lasting for seconds, subsides on blinking. How can I control this?

I get sudden bouts of dizziness lasting just a few seconds. If I blink my eyes or look up, the feeling goes. By and large in recent times this dizziness lasts only for some seconds and if I stay stationary, I be ome normal. When I do power walking or running or when I run or focus on something I get this. Cannot understand whether it is the eye or not. I Awm sixty two and am fit. And a fitness freak. Please tell me how to control this. I am fine. The feeling of somebody pushing or pressure on the back off the head sometimes occurs during high speed walking. Please guide
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Hello Dear
Thanks for the query

I must say there are multiple causes of dizziness like --

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo,Meniere's disease,Vestibular neuronitis,Labyrinthitis,Otitis media,Acoustic neuroma,Chronic motion sickness,Ramsay Hunt syndrome,Migraine,Multiple sclerosis,pregnancy,hypotension,low blood oxygen content,anemia,hypoglycemia,panic disorder,hyperventilation,anxiety,depression,diminished visual balance and perception of spatial orientation abilities due to old age.

Common physiological causes of dizziness include:
-inadequate blood supply to the brain due to: a sudden fall in blood pressure,heart problems or artery blockages
-loss or distortion of vision or visual cues
-disorders of the inner ear
-distortion of brain/nervous function by medications such as anticonvulsants and sedatives

So you must get a medical check up from your doctor to know the exact reason for your dizziness and treat it likewise.

Hope this helps