Fistula in rectum. Repaired with fibrin glue. Painful stools, foul odour normal symptoms?

Hello, 2 months ago I gave birth to my son. I had to get a small episiotomy and as the midwife made the small incision she cut into my rectum which caused me to develop a fistula . After an agonizing week dealing with stool and gas coming from the vaginal area, I had a seton placed in the perianal area . About 4 days ago I underwent surgery and they removed the seton and repaired the perianal fistula and used fibrin glue. After the surgery I noticed drainage which is normal but I also had a bit of discharge along with it. Currently the discharge now has a foul odor that smells of fecal matter but it s clear, sometimes tinged with blood. I m also experiencing extreme pain when I have a bowel movement . I m wondering of this is normal after the repair of a fistula?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  76 Awaiting Answer