Fishy smelly discharge post intercourse due to stuck tampon. Any follow-up care required?

For the past few weeks i had been having a fishy smelly discharge especially after intercourse, i figured i might have a bv which i had before and symptoms were similiar except for no discharge this time. It turned out i had a stuck tampon . The smell was rotten, it must have been in there like 3 weeks. My boyfriend who is a surgical nurse helped me remove it once we felt it. What if anything should i do as follow-up care?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
You may need local application of antiseptic and anti-fungal medication and a pelvic antibiotic to prevent the possibility of any ascending infection. Maintain genital hygiene and avoid using tampons in future; use sanitary napkins instead. Please do not self-medicate yourself; see a specialist for further management. Also, rule out any associated urinary infection as is often seen. Hope your query has ben answered. Wish you good health.