Fishy smelling urine with severe bladder cramping. Urine cath normal. Treatment ?

I have been fishy smelling urine (not vaginal, as I have been tested with no bacteria found), I also have had a sterile urine cath showing negative to ecoli or any bacteria. The fishy smell comes and goes on different days, sometimes it is accompanied by severe bladder cramping/abdominal. I am 5 2 weigh 140 pounds which is about 20 pounds too heavy, 41 years old. This has been about 3 years of struggling with no dx.
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012