Fishy odor from anal region, no discharge

I ve had a fishy odor coming from my anal region for about 1 month now and it has gotten to the point where I cannot work in my office of 80 people without people trying to move away. It has gotten to the point where I am socially unaccepted. I removed as much hair from the area as I could because I thought it would present an undesirable area for the growth of bacteria. I don t have any discharges or anything abnormal in that area with the exception of the smell. Please some advice
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012

If the smell comes from the anal region, I suggest to:

- do analysis of feces: culture (for candida and bacteria); examination of stool for ova/parasites
- avoid eating foods with strong odor (onion, garlic, etc.) to prevent smelling
- drink more water
- if you feel to pass the motion, do not wait too long; go directly to the bathroom
- avoid anal sex
- after defecating, please wash the anal area with soap and warm water and not only wiping with toilet paper. This will ensure complete cleaning and keep you odor-free.

If no improvement, can consult proctologist for further evaluation.

All the best!