Fish scale stuck in throat.

Hello, On Sunday I was eating soup with fish and I accidentally swallowed a fish scale. It pricked my throat on the way down, but I thought it has passed. After some time I had a feeling like it was stuck in my throat, every time I swallow, I can feel it. Today it moved lower down my throat, I think since its so small and flat it is just stuck on my throat. What should I do? Is it dangerous? I am very worried, please help.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Boss nothing to worry an dlisten to me.Go to any homeopathic center and ask for the medicine.they give u a small bottle and will ask u to take twice a day. just take it 2 days and see the magic.don't go to any allopaths.

First get examined to locate the fish bone/ scale. Endoscopy may be required. Local anesthesia makes the procedure easier. The fish bone/ scale may be felt/ palpated by the doctor. Sometimes, it is just the injury caused by this fish bone/ scale, which has passed through. Usually such fish bones/ scales get stuck in the tonsils or other lymphoid tissue of the throat. If it is embedded in the throat, only the tip may be seen. Once seen. removal is fairly easy. If not removed, they can go deeper and cause neck abscesses. It may also show up in neck x-rays. It may also get dislodged by a large bolus of food ( a common home remedy).