First child is 10 years old, now pregnant. Should I continue?

Hi Doctor , I have a big worry ,rather than a question. I just found that I am pregnant 4 weeks and despite the fact that our last child is 10 years old and we could not have any kids since, last year I enrolled in a 18 month programme Higher Diploma in Midwifery (being a not working Gen.Nurse)decided to follow this course which will start this September. I am worried that now that I will have a baby ,if everything goes right, my due date will be right after a month from starting this course. I have no idea what to do in this case. Following the course was my strong desire although I was not shortlisted last time and hoping for this year. My husband encourages me saying that he will mind the baby but I am really confused what to do. I would appreciate an advice from a professional especially teaching doctors coming across with this situation. Thank you so much, Tabby
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013
Welcome to HCM,
This is your precious child and so you should welcome in this world.
You can inquire regarding maternity leave if they allow.
If this is not possible then I will advice to leave this 18 months program as you conceive after 10 years and perhaps you may not conceive afterwards due to increasing age and following abortion as you have to under go this procedure.
You can join after some time if it is possible.
Ok and bye.