Finished a dose of Augmentin. Have irritation and burning in vagina. Used monistat. Allergy?

I just finished a 10 day dose of Augmentin 875 and noticed a few days ago irritation and slight burning around my vagina . Decided to try monistat 3 because my doctor told me that I may get a yeast infection while on this antibiotic. Within minutes of using the monistat 3 I had intense burning and itching that was far worse than before I used it. My question is should I assume I am allergic to it and discontinue or maybe try monistat 7 or could it be a bacterial infection even after just finishing antibiotics?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012