Fingers swollen, red, itchy, stiff joints, painful when bending. Skin yellowish around top joint. Due to cold?

over last 2 weeks 3 fingers on one hand have been very swollen and red, skin a bit itchy, stiff joints and a bit painful when bending. It started with 1 finger, then a 2nd and today woke up with a 3rd affected. skin is yellowish around top joint. Couldit be the cold . Started first 2 weeks ago when I ran for 45 mins on a snowy morning. Yesterday evening was out for about 40 mins with no gloves, which might have made 3rd finger bad?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013