Fingers becomes chill, turns pale. Has hairloss, laziness, forgetfulness. Advised due to iron deficiency. Suggestions?

hi, i am Mrs. Raj. my daughter aged 17 yrs 7 mths was asked to go for a blood test as her fingers just above the palm till the tip turns suddenly pale and becomes chill. sometimes same thing happens to her toes but more to her fingers which remains for few minutes. she finds it difficult to recollect what she studies and she has hair loss . she feels very lazy and weak after 7 pm and wants to go to bed . Her peripheral smear examination report says normal WBC , platelets and erythrocytes are normocytic normochromic and few RBC s are hypochromic anisopoikilocytosis. her haemoglobin is 11.5 gms. my doctor says it is due to iron deficiency and has prescribed some medicines. can u help me understand this better.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013