Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.
It appears that your wound is infected. I would suggest the following remedial measures:
1) Do not seal the wound with wound glue since it will prevent the pus from draining out
2) Clean the wound 3 to 4 times a day with betadine
solution or any anti-septic solution
3) Apply a small quantity of anti-septic cream or powder, e.g. neosporin
, over the wound
4) Cover with a dry gauze dressing over the wound (not too tight) to absorb the pus and change the dressing everyday
5) Keep the wound area dry and clean
These measures should control the infection and promote healing. However, in case the finger swells up with pus or you develop fever
, then you need to see a doctor for further treatment.
Dr. Sheeba Stephen