Finger swollen and severe pain after hit by a ball. Treatment?

I was playing volleyball last night and a hard-spiked ball hit my pinky finger wrong. i felt the tip touch the back of my hand and heard a pop . My middle knuckle was immediately swollen and within seconds the finger became very warm and started pulsating. I assumed i just severely jammed it. I pulled outward on my finger (something i was taught when i was younger) and it caused a great deal of pain but it started to feel slightly better after i did that. I continued to play and iced my finger for about 20 mins after the game. By this point, my finger was throbbing and was so swollen that i could not even bend it. I got home and buddy taped it to my middle finger and carried on with my night. This morning i woke up to pain within the finger. I noticed some swelling had reduced but on the inside of that finger (especially the middle knuckle) it had severe bruising . Now i cant bend my finger not due to swelling but because of the sharp jolts of pain i get. my finger is very slightly bent outwards from the hand at that knuckle and i have some mobility in it. I can bend my finger but the moment any pressure is put on the inside knuckle, its excruciating. Do you think I should go see a doctor? or can this be treated at home?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013