Finger pain after cut by rusty nail. Surgery required?

I got my finger stuck/cut open by a rusty nail quite a few years ago and never done anything about it but washed it with soap and water. It ended up I needed stitches but never went just kept a bandaid on it. It has started hurting lately just out if the blue where it was cut. I was wandering if a surgeon could cut my finger open there and get the piece of metal out that is in there, I think is in there because I can see something black/brown?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012
Hi finger pain after cut can be due to infection or imbedded particle inside.first use a short course of antibiotic and pain killer .if not subsided go for a surgeon to cutopen it and remove if embedded particulars are there