Finger injury, cracked nail, bleeding. Does the nail need to be removed?

Hi, I had run over my own finder on a skateboard while sitting on the board my hand slipped too close to the wheel and was run over on pavement. The nail is cracked horizontally and is only cracked about half way and is also cracked pretty close to being in the middle (horizontally as well) should I seek medical attention? must the nail be removed? night of the accident thee was a little bleeding
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012

It will be better to seek medical attention.

The doctor would need to examine it to decide whether the nail needs to be removed. It depend in the depth of the crack and on the presence of any underlying infection.