Finger cut, Peroxide, swollen. Infection?

I cut my right index finger knuckle cooking two days ago. the bleeding stopped after a few moments, and i ran it under tap water for another couple min. I then used Peroxide to clean it out. I did the same routine the next two days, and the cut is starting to heal. Last night I noticed it getting a little puffy as I changes the bandage . Its not really red or painful, and I can bend my finger without issue, though I dont want to bend to far to re-open the cut. Could the swelling be an infection? I really dont have the funds to go to the E.R. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Hi yes swelling around the cut area can be infection.use of broad spectrum antibiotic thrice daily and use of anti inflammatory agent twice daily and application of mupirocin ointment twice daily can cure the condition.if still no response add serratiopeptidase to the pain killer and it heals within one week