Finger Numbness. Undergone surgery for Prolapsed disc in back. Are these both related?

Three weeks ago l had surgery for a prolapsed disc in my back. I had the conventional surgery rather than keyhole as advised by my surgeon. After a few days I developed tingling and slight numbness in my left little and next two fingers. The surgeon said the symptoms would go away but as yet, have not. I have told him and am due to see him in a few weeks when he said he would look at them at the appointment, am l wrong to be concerned? Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013