Filling in the upper right molar painful, tried filing it down. Why is this ?

Hi, I went to the dentist last Friday because I wanted to get my teeth checked out. She gave me a filling in two teeth...both the second last molar from the back on the upper left and right side. The filling on the left has given me no trouble since but the one on the right has been painful ever since, not all the time but when I am eating food. I went back to a different dentist on Tuesday (as the other one was a few hours away from where I work) and he filed down the filling for me as it was a little high. However, it is still hurting when I eat...could you advise as to why this is? Could the filling have irritated the nerve or something, or do you think it just needs a while to settle down?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012