Filling fell out, upper cheek pain, roof of mouth, upper teeth sensitive to pressure. Pain medication taken. Advise?

I had a filling 3 days ago in the tooth at the upper right back - dentist put in a temporary filling - after parts of filling fell out and had three days of pain. Dentist said saw a crack but wasn't across tooth so put in the temporary filling [the filling does not fill the tooth]. Since then I have had extreme pain - sometimes throbbing, sometimes dull ache [especially in upper cheek]. The pain goes up the side of my face and the bottom teeth also pain. I've taken pain medication but it only works for a while - unable to sleep, upper teeth sensitive to pressure so shooting pain when eat [chew on opposite side] or if 'catch' when speaking. The roof of my mouth on the side with the filling is also quite sensitive and painful. My teeth are not sensitive to hot or cold. Any help most appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013