Filariasis, fever, suicidal tendency. Is filariasis treatable?

I LIVE IN JHARKHAND STATE. MY RIGHT LEG IS AFFECTED BY THIS DEFORMING DISEASE ( FILARIASIS )FOR THE LAST 45 YEARS. I AM ABOUT 50 YEARS OF AGE. I GOT THIS DISEASE WHEN MY PARENTS HAD TO STAY IN TAMIL NADU FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS. I WAS ABOUT 5 YEARS OF AGE THEN. MY MOTHER REMEMBERS THAT I GOT FEVER WITH RIGOR THAT LASTED FOR A WEEK AND MY RIGHT LEG GOT SWOLLEN. THE CIRCUMFERENCE OF THE RIGHT(AFFECTED) LEG/ THE LEFT(NOT-AFFECTED) LEG AT THE THIGH, CALF MUSCLE AREA, AND FOOT AREA ARE 57CM/44CM, 52.5CM/37CM, 32CM/24.5CM, RESPECTIVELY. I DONT KNOW WHAT TREATMENT OR MEDICINE WAS GIVEN TO ME DURING MY CHILDHOOD. BUT IN MY TEEN AGE I WAS GIVEN UNICARBAZAN FORTE/HETRAZAN 100Mg. AS THE AGE IS PROGRESSING I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO WALK FAST. I EASILY GET TIRED. I AM NOT A SUGAR PATIENT AND I HAVE A NORMAL BLOOD PRESSURE . I. I GET FEVER WITH EXCRUCIATING PAIN ON MY AFFECTED LEG AT LEAST TWICE TO THRICE A YEAR. SUCH BOUTS OF FEVER MAKES ME BED-RIDDEN AND IMMOBILE FOR 3-5 DAYS, AND LEAVES ME ENERVATED. I AM NOT ON ANY KIND OF MEDICATION NOW.AM FED UP WITH MY DISGRACEFUL DISEASE AND SOMETIMES I GET SUICIDAL TENDENCY ON ACCOUNT OF THIS DEFORMING DISEASE. CAN PLASTIC SURGERY HELP ME IN GETTING RID OF THIS DISEASE. I HAVE SOME SAVINGS AND CAN MEET THE EXPENSES. CAN YOU SUGGEST ME A GOOD HOSPITAL WITH EXPERT SURGEONS WHO CAN TAKE UP MY CASE?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013