Fibromyalgia, pain in arms, hands. Taking lyrica. Family history of pancreatic cancer. Treatment?

Hi Doctor, Ihave been told that I could have fibromyalgia ,but not really diagnosed properly.I have seen the chart just now that shows the areas that are affected and that is exactly where I have the pain,although my pain extendsto my arms and hands. I have been taking lyrica for this and I find this helpfull.What exactly is lyrica for.My brother passed away last November from pancratic cancer and he was also on lyrica.Thank You.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012