Fibromyalgia, have developed painful knots all over the body. What should be done?

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with fibromyalgia and possible myofacial something. I have had all over pain for many years. But the last year or so, I ve developed painful knots all over, but especially in my arms. It keeps me from sleeping, even with sleep meds. My husband massages my arms and, even though it is painful, it somehow feels good for him to rub those spots. But they don t go away and the pain is really bad sometimes. What can I do??? It is really affecting my daily life in a big way.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Hello there!
thank you for asking, Here are some tips that might be helpful to you,

Treat infections quickly
Avoid changes in diet
Exercise as prescribed (Do not to increase your routine without consulting a physician)
Have Moderate changes in activity
Avoid unnecessary life changes
Treat changes in mood or sleep early and aggressively
Always start new medications at the lowest possible dose
Prepare for unavoidable situations that have caused flare-ups in the past (eg, arrange for an increase in sleep medication or for help with housework and child care)
Do pace your activities and know their limits.

Choose fruits like citrus fruits, apples, berries, cantaloupe, and peaches
Vitamins (eg, C, E), minerals (eg, selenium, zinc), and phytochemicals will be of help.
take Vitamin D supplements regular.
diet high in fresh vegetables, fish, and fiber. Green, leafy, and yellow vegetables will be an asset.

avoid junk foods or processed snack foods.consumption of chemical-laden foods, refined sugars, white flour, aspartame, and monosodium glutamate (MSG)

Avoid sweet or starchy foods. if cant then take with fiber alot of fiber. it will decrease its absorbtion rate.

take food journal for two weeks.

Avoid tobacco use

Slowly wean off caffeine, because abruptly stopping caffeine will increase fatigue and pain, headaches, anxiety, and sleep disturbance

Avoid and taper alcohol and stop completely in 6 months.

Consult physiotherapist and chronic pain management specialist for pain, and psychiatrist for psychologic and behavioral therapies.

Good luck
S Khan