Fibroid tumor has moved out of cervix. Should i go for Hysterectomy?

I am 54 years old. Childless by choice and glad I made that choice. Happily married with a good sex life.
I am in extremely good health as I am a cycle instructor, teach yoga and eat conscientiously.
A year ago my obgyn of 20 plus years (who I trust and adore) found a fibroid tumor in my cervix. Since I was almost at menopause (now there!) we decided to leave it alone. This week at an annual exam, she found that the fibroid has moved OUT of my cervix. Her immediate reaction has been to remove it-AND have a total hysterectomy by end of the month.
This seems extreme to me! I have never had any medical issues, no family cancer history and definitely don't want want 6 weeks of "recovery. Is this the only solution? Is it a good solution--to remove everything since I "don't need those parts." Should I be getting a second opinion? And what questions should I be asking? So fast!
Thank you!
I will be following up later--I leave in 10 minutes to go teach a class! :)
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013