Fibroid and pregnancy

I have fibroid and trying to conceive. Will I be able to get pregnant ?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Mar 2010
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
its important to know where the fibroid is and what type of fibroid it is?so some times fibroid complicate a pregnancy a lot so go for ultrasound u will all informatiuon about the fibroid
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Occasionally fibroid may cause problems in concieving.. And there can be problems with continuing pregnancy following concievement too leading to early abortions.. One cannot predict the possibilities of such complications.. Generally large or multiple fibroids have higher risk towards these complications..

Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
yes u can become pregnant but depending on the location of may cause abortion .During the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, myomas may rapidly increase in size and undergo vascular deprivation and subsequent degenerative changes.also may initiate preterm labor.During labor, leiomyomas may produce uterine inertia, fetal malpresentation, or obstruction of the birth canal
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
It depends on the type of fibroid ,small sub serous or intramural fibroid generally don`t cause much problems .Subendometrial /submucosal fibroid s or large size fibroid definitely can cause problem.Can cause abortion or difficulty in conceiving.So go for ultrasound examination to find the size ,type & location of fibroid.Consult good gynecologist .Discalimer