Fever with chills and body aches, sore throat, canker sores on lips, swollen gums, white film on tongue. What could this be?

Hello Doctor, I have had a fever with chills and body aches for three days. That was coupled with a sore throat , canker sores on my lips and swollen gums . The initial symptoms have dissipated somewhat but the sore throat, sores and swollen gums remain. To the point that it is quite painful to just brush my teeth. I also have a white film on my tongue . I never developed any sinus congestion or coughing. What do you think it is? Thank you in advance. Kevin from Montreal.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012