Fever, watery stool, pain in abdomen, crocine and Ibugesic plus. Should give meftal-p?

My daughter is 3yrs 4 months old . weighs around 13 kg. Has fever since last 2 days with watery stools . Around 8 in 24 hrs with pain in abdomen . I have been giving crocin for fever . When it did not subside i gave Ibugesic plus. Should i give meftal-p (100 mg) . If so how much?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Mar 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The most important part of treating gastroenteritis is preventing and treating diarrhoea by administering enough fluids.

Children can easily become dehydrated. This would present with dizziness, excess drowsiness, increased heart rate, decreased urination, dry crying, dry skin.
Since she has been experiencing persistent watery diarrhoea and fever (also causes fluid loss) for 2 days then she may need to be seen by her doctor to make sure she is still hydrated.

She needs small amounts of fluid to be given consistently. The amount can go up if she tolerates it. The best fluid would be the oral rehydration fluids because these would give her fluid and electrolytes.

In terms of the fever the paracetamol or the ibuprofen should help. It may be the dose that is not enough to help.

I hope this helps