Fever, unable to sleep, tongue irritated, blisters forming. Take multi-vitamins. Possible reason?

Hello, I had a fever on Thursday night which resulted in a bad nights sleep i slept it off friday and felt much better Saturday but today i have noticed that my tongue is a little irritated and from what i can see on online it is my large taste buds that are swollen. Are these connected? I m 28 Male and pretty healthy, i do carry a little weight but nothing major. I have been taking daily multi- vitamins for 2-3 months and Milk thistle and Selenium with about 3 weeks. I have also cut sugar (sweets, candy, fizzy drinks, sugar in coffee, etc.) from my diet recently. I have not ate any meals out of home and have not changed anything else in my eating or drinking habbits. My tongue feels irritated and when i checked it out there seemed to be little blisters developing, two tiny blisters also grew on my lip. just curious. thank you for your time
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013