Fever, trouble sleeping, cough. Child had croup. What have I contracted?

Hi- My son had croup this past Thursday (pretty severely, in fact we had to give him steroids to stabilize his breathing ), but he has gottent through it nicely, with only a minor cough remaining. Around Sunday, I came down with a fever (about 101.5) and have had it since. Advil breaks the fever for me, but it continues to come back. Tonight, I had trouble sleeping, and have developed a minor cough. Do you have any ideas as to what I may have contracted?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012