Fever, stuffy nose but feels dry, sore throat, feeling of big snot ball with blood coming out of nose on blowing. What could this be?

I have been sick for the past two days. My symptoms have been fever , nose feeling stuffy however it felt dry and I was not able to blow my nose, and a sore throat . Early today I was on the phone and I felt like something was in the back of my throat. When I got off the phone I tried to cough it up but there was nothing. When I went to blow my nose I felt like there was a big snot ball coming out. However when I looked at it, it was not normal. It looked like there was blood but there was no blood coming off when I wiped it. I thought maybe cartilage but I am not sure. This only happened with one nostril . There is a slight pain and I am still able to smell. Should I be concerned and what could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012