Fever, neck pain, swollen lymph nodes. Muscular pain or meningitis symptoms?

My son has a 96.7F fever now. since Saturday he had a fever till 101.9F, and today it went down. He is complaining of neck pain , especially in the sides of the neck, which are a little swollen. I spoke with his doctor an hour ago and she asked to see him tomorrow to check and decide if is muscle pain or meningitis . I am reading that meningitis has low fever symptom, and I am a little scared. Am I worried more than I should?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013