Fever, joint pain, swelling in tonsils. History of chronic tonsillitis. Do I need to get tonsils removed?

I have a low grade fever and general joint aches. A couple of days ago One of my tonsils was only slightly swollen in one area. I get tonsil stones. I have been diagnosed with chronic tonsillitis before, have large cryptic tonsils, but have seen several ENT s who all have said ..don t have them out, just live with it. The swollen area on tonsil has now gone down, tonsils are not red, and throat really isnt sore...can the low grade fever be from the tonsils? DO you feel people with chronic tonsillitis should have them removed?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012