Fever followed by rash on feet, knees, hands and diaper area. Had got off from medications for ear infection. Cause?

Hi, my 18 month old son had a fever yesterday between 101-102 so I gave him tylenol as I have done before. Today he doesn t have a fever but has a red rash on the tops of his feet , up his legs, behind his knees, and tops of his hands, as well as in the diaper area. He was really fussy the last couple of days and slept a lot today. Two weeks ago he had a fever so I took him to the doctor- they said they weren t really sure, his ears may be starting to get infected so they put him on Zithromyacin and he took that for 1 week. It has been one week since being off of medication and he is sick again- Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012