Fever due to sore throat. Widal test positive. Taken ofloxcin salt. Fever not reduced. What is the treatment?

sir m my son got the fever dure to bad throat , fever reaches to 103 f , then the doctor gave him amoxycicillin salt , after a week his throat problem is over , but the fever reaches unto 99.2 at evening ,then widal test was done it was positive , now the doctor has given the ofloxcin salt , he is taking it for the last 6 days , but fever reaches to 99.2 even in eveninf sometime touches the 98.5 , some time during day time it reaches to 99.2 , please tell us what to do
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012