Fever, conjunctivitis, audible congestion, sore throat, hurts to move tongue. Prescribed Zpack. Due to virus?

my sore throat is apparently part of cold/ rhinovirus i am currently suffering with . I am on day 6. went to doc today, low grade fever, conjunctivitis and audible congestion, but nothing i can blow out, as my nose is dry and empty. My throat is very sore and it hurts to move my tongue. Doc did not do strep test , just prescribed z pack. Is it just part of a stubborn virus to have horrible sore throat on day 6????
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012