Fever, cold, cough, nasal discharge, headache. Diagnosed sinus infection. No improvement with antibiotics. Cure?

hello,good after noon, i have got light fever , cough ,clod with white nasal discharge ,and headache fom 1month. i wnet to GP they said synus infection and given some anti biotics for 10 days course,but there is no improvement,i have taken appointment again,i dont know the what is problem really.could you please tell me.thanking you venkat
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Hi Venkat,

Thank you for posting your query.

From your symptoms, it appeared to be a case of sinus infection, so, the initial course of treatment was correct. However, sinus headache usually does not last for so long, if well treated.

If sinus is treated, you should look for other diagnosis such as migraine. please discuss this with your doctor. You may also get a brain scan done.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: