Fever, chills, incessant cough, mucus, muscle pain. Treatment for symptoms?

Hello, I had a fever and the chills for four days, and after the fever broke, I ve had this incessant cough . Usually nothing comes up, once or twice small white tube-like mucus , other than that it is just creating pain with my diaphragm muscles ache. I can calm my attacks , and go thru the liquids/rest/steam etc.relievants. I m wondering what else I can is now day 4 of the cough. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Along with the measures you are already taking, take mucolytics and bronchodilator. Also start with Amoxycillin if the fever in still persisting.