Fever, chills and headache. Using cough drop and cold ezee. Proper medication?

I had a fever that ranged from 99 to 102.6 degrees and lasted for 6 days. During that time, I had chills and a headache. During the 5th and 6th day, that developed into a bad cold and cough. The cough, however, has gotten much worse. It's lasted 3 days now. I cough so hard that it shakes my whole body. My chest aches from it. It woke me up all through the night. It's also producing a lot of phlegm and making me sick to my stomach. It seems to lessen while I'm actually sucking on a cough drop with menthol, but that's the only time. I've been trying the "Cold-Eeze" throat spray and/or buckwheat honey - neither of which seem to do any good. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013