Fever, blood count normal, prescribed Z pak, vomiting, loss of appetite, heaviness in legs. Viral infection?

Hello, My daughter has had a fever for 7 days of 102.2. She is 29 yrs old and in great physical condition. She wakes up feeling fine but by 2;00 in the afternoon she has reached the 102.2-102.3 fever. She has had her blood drawn twice. Yesterday her counts were a little off but nothing alarming to the doctor. He prescribed a z pak for her, her 1st dose was last night at 6:00 pm, her second dose today at noon. Her temp at 2:00 this afternoon was 102.3. No change in 20 hrs. She threw up Tuesday morning but otherwise has not been sick. She does not have an appetite . She complains that by mid afternoon her legs feel very heavy. She is very tired. I am concerned that perhaps we should be taking more tests. Is it normal to have a fever for 7 or more days with a viral infection?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012